Statement of Faith
Renewanation embraces the following statements concerning biblical truth. The Bible is our rule for faith and practice. This Statement of Faith and Statement of Fundamental Truths is intended simply as a basis of fellowship among us (i.e., that we all speak the same thing; I Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:42). No claim is made that it contains all biblical truth; only that it covers our need as to these fundamental doctrines governing our relationships and practice. We do not presume to say the phraseology employed in this Statement of Fundamental Truths is inspired or that it is the final work on Bible truth. However, we are persuaded it is proper and consistent with the Holy Scriptures to "set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us."(Luke 1:1).
The following statement is the basic spiritual foundation for RENEWANATION.
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
• We believe that all humanity is born under the curse of sin and can only be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved: the saved unto the resurrection of life and the unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the Genesis account of Creation.
• We believe marriage was instituted by God as a lifelong union between one man and