- God exists. God is the center of all things.
- God created the world and all that is in it. One cannot fully understand the created without some understanding of the Creator.
- God created mankind in His image. Every person has intrinsic value and a divine purpose in life.
- All morality comes from the nature of God and is revealed to us in the Bible. The Bible is the absolute standard of right and wrong.
- God loves every person and cares deeply for humanity.
- Man is responsible and will be held accountable for himself and his stewardship of all God’s creation.
- God has given every person a never-dying soul that will one day stand before God and receive its just reward.
“Belief in, and dependence on God, is absolutely essential.”
“Naturalism is diametrically opposed to Christianity.”
Secular Humanism Worldview
- God does not exist. Man is the center of all things.
- The universe and life came into existence through random chance. There is no designer.
- There is no ultimate purpose for man’s existence. We create our own destiny.
- Morality is relative and changes according to man’s needs and desires. There is no absolute standard of right and wrong.
- Human beings are on their own. Life is sustained by survival of the fittest. The strong live. The weak die.
- Man will not be held accountable by a higher power at the end of life.
- Death is simply the end of existence.
“Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday school’s meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of the five-day program of humanistic teaching?”
Humanist, Charles F. Potter